Here's a zip file with a patched fspackagetool.exe to allow you to get the debug messages back: fspackagetool.zip
- Replace your fspackagetool.exe by the one in the archive and copy the ConsoleDLL.dll in that same directory
MSXVC version users:
Use the fspackagetool.exe just you usually do, a console showing the debug messages should show up after a few seconds.
Steam version users:
(Note: Make sure there are no spaces in your project file path)
In order to have the console on steam version (using -forcesteam command with fspackagetool.exe):
- Download steamcmd.exe from https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip
- Extract and move steamcmd.exe into your steam install folder next to steam.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
- Launch Steam and connect to your account (the console will not open if Steam is not already running)
- When launching fspackagetool.exe in addition to your usual command line argument you will have to add: -usesteamcmd -steamuser <YOUR STEAM USERNAME>
- launch fspackagetool.exe with these argument and you should see steamcmd.exe executing
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Let us know if some of you are encountering problems with this workaround.