Here are some guidelines about how you can report a SDK related bug or crash on this platform and the information we need to be able to fix the problem.
1) Create and format your question
- Click the arrow next to "CREATE" and select "Ask a question"
- Post 1 question per problem, don't report several unrelated problems in a single question
- Select the space and add topic tags depending on the part of the SDK your issue is related to
- You can put [BUG] or [CTD] in your question title to help us identify those quicker
- Provide a detailed description of the problem, with videos and images if that can help
- Attach images and video if that can help
- Tell us how frequent the problem is (happened once or 100% of the time?)
- Whenever possible, provide steps to reproduce the problem
2) Generate dump files to help diagnose and fix CTD
When properly configured, the Windows Error Reporting system allows to generate full dump files when a program terminates unexpectedly.
Dump files store data about the application, its context and its memory.
In concrete terms, it tells us what part of the code was being executed when the game crashed and what the memory contained at that moment.
This is the most useful information we can have, especially with CTD that do not occur systematically.
Enabling dump file generation is done by editing the registry:
Collecting User-Mode Dumps - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs
Note that DumpType must be set to 2 in order for us to get the full picture.
You can extract, edit and execute the reg file provided as attachment to enable this system and .dmp files will be generated at the path you indicated: SaveCrashDumps_To_C_MyDumps.zip
Beware that those dump files are very heavy and need to be compressed before you can upload and send them to us (we'll explain how next)
Also take note that, by following this process, you agree to provide us with personal data that can be contained in such files.
On our side, we guarantee such files will only be used for debugging purposes and will be deleted as soon as the crash cause has been identified, in a delay of 28 days maximum.
3) Provide private content
If the problem is very specific to your project / package or is very context specific, we can ask you to provide us with your package, DevMode project or dump file.
Or you might be willing to show us videos and pictures of your unannounced product and keep it private.
First, upload your file using a service like One Drive / Google Drive / WeTransfer.
Don't secure it with an email request as we will be unable to provide one.
Then, this DevSupport platform allows you to post private comments that can only be seen by you and the moderators.
To do so, add a comment to your own question and below the "SUBMIT" button, select the "Viewable by moderators and the original poster" visibility option.
Note that in this context, the original poster is the person you're replying to or commenting, not the person who asked the original question.
Once posted, a small padlock will be shown and hovering it will allow you to confirm who can see this message.