There is an issue with user created groups in the latest version of the sim. Their names do not appear by default (as seen in first screenshot), and only appear when you search up the groups in the filter (as seen in their second screenshot). Even then they do not display their contents properly, as in despite being collapsed, they still display their contents, and sometimes refuse to uncollapse in general.
There is also an issue where with each group, items listed in the scenery editor move to the left, causing the to go off screen. This is visible happening in the second screenshot and is much more prominent in the third screenshot. Resizing the window to be larger doesn't fix the issue and just displays more space on the right as shown with the third screenshot. Horizontal scroll can only scroll towards the right, and eventually down the list they become hidden completely as it moves to the left where it is impossible to view since you cannot scroll there. As seen in the 3rd screenshot, something is selected but obstructed. It is almost as if the direction in which the groups are displayed is reversed, with each subgroup moving a position to the left instead of to the right as it should.
In the second screenshot it shows how the groups are displayed with a filter in the scenery editor and still displaying some or all of their contents despite being collapsed, unfortunately I don't have a screenshot to show what this would've looked like prior to the update.
I have been able to recreate this starting with a new scenery in version 188.8.131.52.
To recreate the issue:
- Open a scenery project or start a new project
- Place down an airport object and fill in all the mandatory fields.
- Place down an apron, taxiway point, painted line etc.
- Select the placed item and create a new group, name it anything and set the target group to be the airport object group.
- The new group will show up as seen in the fourth screenshot, without a name and displaying the item within it next to it, not under.
- As you create more groups like this they move to the left as seen in the fifth screenshot, eventually they move off screen as seen in the last screenshot, this becomes a huge issue if your scenery has say 60 groups.
Please ignore the incorrectly configured airport object, it does not have an effect on this issue.
It is also currently not possible to add more items to these groups once they are created.
Are you guys having any problems with this on your side?