I wonder how's the best method to tweak LODs for an object in the editor.
It seems no matter what, every change to LODs will require a simulator restart to be completely effective, things I tried are:
- Changing the MinSize values for the object XML <LODs> section seems to trigger some kind of reload in the Console, but the LOD debug doesn't show any changes in the LOD switching values, they are still the original ones when the sim loaded first.
- Re-exporting all .GLFT, triggers a recompile in the Console, but no changes in LODs.
- Adding/Removing LOD levels seems to trigger a weird behavior, as if preference is given to lowest LODs.
- Using both the "Build" button or the "Rebuild" or "Rebuild All" options in the projects still don't update LOD settings
- Closing the Project and re-opening and loading the airport asset doesn't update LOD too.
- Going back to the Main Menu and reloading the Project doesn't seem to change, and in some cases result in a CTD with no errors.
The ONLY thing that seems to always reliably update LOD settings, is restarting the sim.
Is there a better way to tweak LOD settings ?
Ideally, just editing the object XML file with new values, should trigger an immediate reload of the object with new updated LODs. Since tweaking LOD is an highly visual and interactive process, having to restart the sim each time to be sure what you see is what you get, is really not feasible, and will only result in products using LOD not tuned as best they could, because it was too impractical to refine them better.