I spent the past few days with the updated FX editor and found a bug:
I have a fairly complex node graph for engine smoke effects. A lot of particle parameters are dynamic, which works fine. However, when trying to add some randomness to the "Rate" node of the emitter, the effect won't work properly anymore.
It works while it is still loaded in the editor, but if the package is then rebuild and a new flight loaded, the rate at which the particles spawn is out of control. Once the randomization is removed from the spawn rate of the emitter, the effects loads correctly.
This is how the effect looks like after a rebuild with a randomizer node in the emitter rate.
This is the same effect, only with the randomizer node removed from the emitter rate.
The effect is still dynamic though - for instance I check the manifold pressure and velocity to dynamically change the spawn rate of the particles. All that seems to be working fine, it's just the randomization that screws things up.
btw: I tried to add this to the topic "FX", but since I have to enter at least three characters to set a topic, I can't do so. ;)