I am having a strange issue which occurs only once the package is imported in game.
I exported the 3D model from blender to Substsance painter and did the texture.
I imported this texture in Blender and until here, all is fine.
Then i export the model from blender to glTF2 using the mfs2020 export plugin and build the package in game.
The first picture is in substance
The second picture is in Blender
The third picture is the same model/texture once imported in game
As you can see in the last picture in game, some object's UV map get deformed in a strange way, this is obviously a big issue if I have a livery with some precise line since it will display it wavy.
I tried already:
- Re-unwrap the part that looks wrong
- be sure the uv map is not streched in the UV editor
- new material from scratch
- triangulate myself the mesh before import in substance painter
- there is no additional UV map channel
- The vertex color is only one
- the normals use the autosmooth from blender (also i tried to bake the normal/tangets with/without substance)
- I checked if the .DDS texture generated from the game build is streched, and it is not:
I hope any of you have an idea on why this is happening.
I also hope the issue is not withing the glTF2 exporter plugin from Blender because there is no alternative so far...
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you all.