[Aircraft.cfg/SDK Clarification] Instructor Pilot

As most of us know, you can place a pilot and copilot in your aircraft by manipulating the following in the aircraft.cfg:

pilot = "NAME OF PILOT SIMOBJECT or DEFAULT"
copilot = "NAME OF PILOT SIMOBJECT or DEFAULT"
pilot_default_animation = "NAME OF ANIMATION"
copilot_default_animation = "NAME OF ANIMATION"
pilot_attach_node = "NAME OF ATTACH NODE"
copilot_attach_node = "NAME OF ATTACH NODE"

Full Example:

pilot = "Pilot_Male_Casual"
copilot = "Pilot_Female_Casual"
pilot_default_animation = "Idle1_PosePropeller"
copilot_default_animation = "Idle2_PosePropeller"
pilot_attach_node = "PILOT_0"
copilot_attach_node = "PILOT_1"

In the SDK Documentation, it mentions that an Instructor can also be used under special mission use cases. Topic Link: Instructor Pilot FLT Link: FLT Instructor Settings

However, how do we define what the default_animation and attach_node are? I have not seen a single instance where someone is including an instructor in their aircraft as a physical simobject, as the SDK has intended it to be. Also, wondering why only African_Male_Casual and Hispanic_Female_Casual are labled as instructors in the character sim.cfg?

Either way, some clarification on how to get a 3rd Asobo Character in you cockpit would be very helpful. I’ve tried the instructor method and editted mission .flts as stated in the SDK Documentation and haven’t had any success.

I’ve thought about doing it via model attachements, but that is reserved for project sources within your package and I’m unable to call the Asobo Character package default to MSFS. So I’m not sure where to start. Attachment Link: Mentions Passengers

Cheers.

1 Like