Approach system "APAP" should be panels and not lights

Version: SU/AAU/WU XX - 1.XX.XX.X SU 15 - 1.37.19.0

Frequency: Once/Rarely/Frequently/Consistently Consistently

Severity: Low/High/Blocker Medium

Context: What package? When editing or mounted from Community? In main menu or in flight? etc…
When editing in Scenery Editor

Bug description:

The runway object SDK documentation has a picture of different approach light systems like VASIs and PAPIs:

#13 on that list is called “APAP.” To the best of my knowledge*, there is no set of lights called “APAP”. There is a visual glideslope indicator called “APAP”, but it refers to a system of panels that may or may not be lighted that you have to line up while you’re flying in order to ensure you’re on the right glideslope. Here’s what they look like (starting at 0:57 in the video, you can see three yellow panels in the background for one runway and you’ll see two come into view in the foreground for the other side of that runway):

CharlieFoxtrot00 contributed a few pictures, as well.

(* Note: Before I logged this bug report, I was not sure if there was some exotic set of lighting called “APAP” that I wasn’t aware of. So, I created a topic in Questions & Community Discussions before creating this bug report, just to see if anyone knew of any type of lighting system called “APAP.” No one gave any examples, so I decided to log this bug report.)

Repro steps:

1. In the Scenery Editor, open or create an airport.
  2. Find a runway and go to its properties.
  3. Under the “Vasi” section of the runway properties, edit either the Primary or Secondary Left or Right Vasi (doesn’t matter which one).
  4. In the type dropdown, choose “APAP.”
  5. Use the developer camera to look at the threshold of the runway you edited.

Expected result:

The runway threshold has a set of APAP panels on it.

Observed result:
There are two lights. (See attachment.)

Attachments:

This is what you get if you choose a Vasi of type “APAP.” These are not APAP panels:

Private attachments: Send a PM to @PrivateContent with the link to this topic and the link to download your content