Happy cristmast and happy 2024

Dear Asobo,

Just a short message to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and an amazing 2024.

Many thanks for all your help, efforts and energy to help all 3rd party developers during 2023, you efforts don’t go unnoticed, we understand the high workload the team is under specialy with all the plans coming for 2024, so I appreciate every second you guys can spare to answer our questions and help us when we have issues.

Enjoy the holidays and I wish you al a wonderful 2024 full of success and achievements.

All the best,

Raul
CEO FSReborn

8 Likes

Wishing you all Asobo team, as well as all the 3rd party developers here in this community, a merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, prosperous and blessed 2024 to you and your loved ones!! Thanks to all for your continued support and help!! :christmas_tree: :gift: :santa: :partying_face: :pray:

May you all enjoy these holidays, and may God bless you all!!

Regards,
Carlos Gonzalez
NextGen Simulations

4 Likes

As we embrace the festive season and bid farewell to an eventful year, I wanted to take a moment to extend my sincerest gratitude to each one of you for your unwavering support, dedication, and incredible contributions to the world of flight simulation throughout 2023.

This year has been a journey filled with remarkable achievements, innovative strides, and a strong sense of community that has defined the MSFS experience. Your passion, expertise, and tireless efforts have elevated Microsoft Flight Simulator to new heights, shaping it into the immersive and awe-inspiring platform it is today.

To the Asobo team, your creativity, technical prowess, and commitment to excellence have continuously pushed the boundaries of what’s possible. Your dedication to delivering exceptional updates, enhancing realism, and fostering a vibrant flight simulation environment have not gone unnoticed. Thank you for your relentless pursuit of excellence.

To the vibrant community of 3rd party developers, your creativity, diverse contributions, and unwavering support have been the heartbeat of this simulation ecosystem. Your add-ons, mods, and innovative creations have enriched the experience for all pilots, creating a tapestry of content that showcases the incredible depth and diversity of MSFS.

As we approach the joyous celebration of Christmas and eagerly anticipate the new year, let’s cherish the moments of togetherness, gratitude, and reflection. May this festive season bring warmth to your hearts, joy to your homes, and an abundance of peace and happiness to you and your loved ones.

Wishing each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year! May 2024 be filled with boundless creativity, exciting endeavors, and continued success in all your endeavors.

With deepest appreciation and warmest regards,

“Skipper Geoff”
WB-Sim Dev Team

4 Likes

Happy new year everyone.

Thank you for your patience and dedication to make awesome products for Flight Simulator.
We can’t wait to see what you are going to come up with in 2024 and hope we will help in the process. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Sylvain

4 Likes

Many people would be insulted receiving a Christmas message that is obviously straight out of a lazy prompt to ChatGPT. However I get a feeling maybe you know this, and just have a unique sense of humor… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I sincerely hope nobody was “Insulted”. that was in no way intended.

But it does look as if 2024 will be the “Year of AI, especially ChatGPT”
for better or worse…

1 Like

Didn’t think it would have any use in our line of work, but I may be mistaken. When asked to find the Oswald Efficiency Factor for a B-29;

The B-29 Superfortress had a wingspan of 141 feet 3 inches and an aspect ratio of 11.56 2. Using the chord length at the root of the wing, we can calculate the mean chord of the wing as follows:
Mean Chord=32croot​​=32×19 ft​=338​ ft≈12.67 ft
Substituting the values for the B-29 Superfortress wing, we get:
e0​=πAR1​∫−b/2b/2​(ctip​c​)2dy
where AR is the aspect ratio of the wing, b is the wingspan, c is the chord length at a given spanwise location, and ctip​ is the chord length at the wingtip
Substituting the values for the B-29 Superfortress wing, we get:
e0​=π×11.561​∫−70.570.5​(12.6712.67​)2dy≈0.78​
Therefore, the Oswald efficiency factor of the whole wing of the B-29 Superfortress is approximately 0.78