3d object invisible in MSFS

Good day,

I’m lost. If tried several hours to place my 3D blender object into the MSFS. I read different forum entries but I can’t find an answer.

I have selected 3 materials: 2 of them are MSFS Standard, 1 of them is MSFS Glass. When I load the object into the Sim, the Object is invisible. All textures are equal (ex. 2048x2048 px)

Blender 3.2.1
IMG_4094

Official Exporter Tool MSFS (delivered in SDK)

Can anyone of you assist me please?

Thank you for your feedback.

This appears to be done via Blender. You can save a .blend file with resources packed. Zip it. Attach it here or provide a cloud storage link. Then you might actually get a solution. I’m sure this is a Blender issue. Perhaps you need to select all, then apply all transforms? Just a guess, and that’s all you get without access to the .blend file.

1 Like

I suggest to have a look at the DevMode console, and filter out errors with words related to your object name: if there has been an error, it might give you some hint of the reason-

1 Like

I would start changing the Blender version with something known to be supported like blender 3.3.x or 3.6.x

If needed to avoid config errors, I’m always sharing a portable blender install already configured correctly with Asobo exporter

1 Like

Thank you for your hint.

I had a similar problem.

First, I use Blender 3.3.21. Yes, it is an older version, but it works with the io_scene_gltf2_msfs (V133) exporter and that is what counts.

Now here is the trick! When you export your objects, place them in the PackageSources folder under the modelLib folder.

Now pay attention! Name the folders like this airport ICAO-modelLib for example; New York will be kjfk-modelLib. From experience, it seems that MSFS gets confused with all the modelLib folders in the scenery library if you do not name the folders like this. No idea why, but this solution works!

Now, before you place your object, COMPILE YOUR PROJECT first! Sounds stupid, I know, but MSFS does not “see” your object if you do not compile your project before running MSFS to place your object in the world.

I hope all these tips helps!

Have fun!

1 Like

I just need to be sure what compiled the project really means. Thanks for this in advance I will be search for my not seen projects.

Compiling is the same as packaging and it means packaging the airport into a package file for MSFS to understand. I think Microsoft uses the word “packaging”; not sure though. You can do this via the editor or with the fspackagetool.exe tool included in the SDK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.