Add ability to exclude/add or move airport beacon

We need the ability to move or exclude+add the airport beacon. In each airport that I’ve experimented with, the beacon is in the wrong location and often inappropriately placed. DGAA is a great example of this.

I tried to be clever and added an ExclusionRectangle manually to the XML, but the zip got rejected upon upload because of “malformed XML”.
So, yeah, please let us handle the beacon in World Hub mode.

Adding my voice to allow this as well as resize or change their style to something more appropriate for the thousands of smaller airports in the US alone that have them.

I am updating a local airport that I fly out of. The airport is small and does not have a beacon. I’ve been making a bunch of tweaks to align things better with reality, but haven’t yet tried deleting the beacon that exists in the current MSFS version. Will I be prevented from deleting it? If so… uh… the actual airport does not have a beacon as is the case many small non-towered airports so we should be able to delete beacons where they do not exist in reality.

Agree that we need this ability. KRVL was added when gliders were introduced but the beacon light (there is no tower, just the light) floats in the air right in the middle of RWY 24’s glideslope. I’d love to get rid of it.

1 Like

I’ve run into several airport-breaking beacon placements already. At least three of the ~10 airports I’ve done have beacons improperly placed (and LARGE) right in the middle of a taxi path. A few others have them placed utterly wrong, and at least one is a hazard to aerial navigation.

Even in the standard (non-World Hub) SDK edit mode, you can’t simply select a beacon and delete it, you need to put an exclusion rectangle on top of it, so the object is still there, but hidden.

Maybe the beacons are for some (historical) reason not part of the airport data but part of the world data or something?

I think that’s what I read somewhere, that they’re on the global layer. Very disappointing if that’s the case.

Yes, I think so, too. Lots of FSX and older heritage stuff in the code.