'AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM', 'Bool' not returned by FS

Hi,

The ‘AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM’, ‘Bool’ value is not returned using SimConnect.

I can however toggle the auto throttle arm using AP_AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM. This works, and you can see the switch toggle in the 747 panel, but the boolean value is not returned in AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM and always returns 0/false.

The documentation says it should return the state of the variable:

“Returns whether the autopilot auto-throttle is armed (1, TRUE) or not (0, FALSE).”

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Andrew

Hello @ThrilledBloom32

In the case of the 747, the Working Title avionics intercepts the AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM event to implement its own logic. That’s why the corresponding simvar is not written.

It seems to rely on its own local variable AS01B_AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM_STATE instead.

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I thought there may be some internal code with the 747 that wasn’t available to SimConnect. So, thank you for clearing that up. Pity it’s stored in a local variable. I wonder how many other aircraft are like this…probably a lot of the more complex types.

I wrote a PID controller for the auto-throttle yesterday, which is working well, so I could bypass all of the ‘in-plane’ logic. I’ll probably have to do that with other systems as well.

Back to writing my own autopilot I suppose, which is something I’ve done on past software for FSX.

Cheers,
Andrew