Blender animation stopped working - please advise

The animation was working fine, and then at some point yesterday it stopped, without me doing any changes to the object. I have several objects in a Blender scene and each time I export them - a few of those are exported. A lighthouse object has animation and it was working file but it doesn’t anymore. I haven’t updated anything since it was working. I have Blender 3.3.8LTS and Asobo Blender Exporter plugin 1.3.3 .Looking at the XML I don’t see any animation tags which I think should be there. Why aren’t they exporting is a mystery to me.

This is the object XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModelInfo guid="{e01756a0-29f2-4fc6-80cd-37bcb637a72c}" version="1.1">
	<LODS>
		<LOD minSize="6" ModelFile="VIP_Lighthouse_LOD0.gltf"/>
		<LOD minSize="0" ModelFile="VIP_Lighthouse_LOD1.gltf"/>
	</LODS>
</ModelInfo>

Here’s how the object structure and exporter settings look. I don’t know why the animation is not exported suddenly and what else to try…

The gltf file has an animation section, so the exporter sees some animation:

"animations" : [
        {
            "channels" : [
                {
                    "sampler" : 0,
                    "target" : {
                        "node" : 12,
                        "path" : "rotation"
                    }
                }
            ],
            "name" : "Lens_Turn",
            "samplers" : [
                {
                    "input" : 96,
                    "interpolation" : "LINEAR",
                    "output" : 97
                }
            ]
        }
    ],

But just adding animation tag manually into object XML doesn’t help:

<Animation guid="3ca28969-811d-4fba-8eb2-bbfc2d6e0d0f" name="Lens_Turn" type="Standard" typeParam="Autoplay"/>

And on the next export the animation tag gets removed. It’s been a while since I did animated object, so I may have forgotten something, but I can’t figure it out… Any ideas or advice is welcome.

Solved. Looks like I accidentally hit the checkmark “Generate XML” forgetting that the animation needs to be added to XML manually and it overwrites it every time if the checkmark is enabled. When I tried manual code for the first time it was in an incorrect position. Once inserted into the correct position it works.

This happened to me as well a few times! :grin: I now backup my XML files just in case I overwrite them!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.