First touchdown zone marking should be three stripes per side

Throughout the sim, the first touchdown zone marking (at 500’) is only one stripe per side when it should be three stripes per side. This is commonly known, but I’ll cite AC 150-5340-1M anyway, as well as the AIM and countless examples I can provide from real-world aerials. If there’s a place in the world outside the US that uses single stripes at 500’, then please allow a switch so we can use the triple stripes.

I was PMed with a good point - I’m not sure if this should be here or in bug reports > airports and sceneries. Mods, would this be more appropriate there due to the fact it’s a global issue (not just World Hub)? I just don’t know if it’s a bug per se, as it may come more from a lack of understanding or misapplication of the standards, versus a programming error.

This seems to be unchanged as of the release of the MSFS2024 trailers. Questions as to this were not addressed in todays SDK dev stream.

Sorry man. :pensive:
I haven’t watched the dev stream yet, but judging by the comments on devsupport, there were a lot of disappointments.

Yeah, like I said, there were a few bright moments. But this issue isn’t even acknowledged.

I wager that most people don’t know about this issue, most people who do know don’t care, or aren’t affected by it because it’s pretty specific to the US. Then there are folks (over on the “main” forum) that give me flak for even suggesting that it’s an issue, because it’s regionalized mostly to the US.

There are over 5,500 airports with hard-surfaced runways in the US. That’s about 1/3 of the world’s hard-surfaced airports (not counting individual runways). There are several other countries that share certain aspects of the same runway marking standards, plus a bunch of other regional variation.

Todays stream said they’re implementing these other “typologies,” so I don’t know why they can’t add the ability to customize markings to it. Or maybe they have implemented it, but they haven’t revealed it.

I started listening to the stream but only got 30 minutes into it, so they still haven’t covered airports yet in the stream I’m listening to.
My guess is that the 2020 SDK is too limited to handle this, as I assume that there is only one graphic to handle all scenarios. Would be nice to override these kinds of things on a regional basis (whatever “regional” means…it could mean something different for different countries). And even if you could, it would still probably be inaccessible to the World Hub.