How do I remove windsocks not in the project file?

I was adding helipads to Zurich Kloten airport the other day and noticed there were only 2 windsocks. So I used the airport chart of Navigraph to locate the windsocks. I also used satellite imagery to find the real locations of these windsocks.

In MSFS however there were 2 windsocks at the airport, but they are not in the WorldHub Scenery project I downloaded for the airport.

How do we get rid of these “Global” scenery windsocks, so that we can add them in the correct location in the scenery project? What is the correct procedure for this?

Hello

Normally, windsocks are only present in the files you can edit.
Did you try this option : [suggestion] Add ExclusionRectangle - #8 by ASBNicolas

Thanks for the reply. I did tick the checkbox, but there is still a windsock in the scenery that is not in the project.

Below 1 is not in the project and 2 is.

I noticed this as well with Zurich LSZH. There the Windsock at RWY 32 and RWY 10.

Edit: Yes I did try an exclusion polygon.

I will have a look on what happens here :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. The airport in the picture is FYAR.

Hi @BenderS92

I check the last revision (FYAR) pushed on the World Hub, and the only windsock I see is this one

Hi @ASBNicolas,

when I was editing the other windsocks were there. The one you showed above is the one I added. This was before it was submitted.

Although there is 1 windsock in the project file, did you not find any other windsocks?

I think what I will do next time I see this issue is to save the project and restart MSFS and re-open the project. I was having an issue at FYGB where if I added a Helipad, and it was disappearing underneath the apron. Even If I delete the apron, there was another copy of the apron and I could not select it. I closed the project and re-opened it and then the “phantom” apron was missing.

Maybe it is the same here with what I see with the windsocks?

Indeed, I couldn’t find any other windsock in the project.
The only ones I found too many were those present in the current (retail) version of the airport.

Feel free to ping me I you have another example before submitting

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance. Will shout out if I see this again.

I figured out what the problem was with the duplicate windsocks. Although there was a related post to this, it was not 100% clear. You have to do this step BEFORE you click the “Load in Editor” button. I did it afterwards and then it is too late. So here are the steps for the “View only current package” option to work properly.

1. Open your project

2. On the Editors menu choose Scenery Editor.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 210934

1. Find the Scenery Editor dialog. Using the Edit menu find the “View only current package” check box and make sure it is selected.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 210959

Screenshot 2024-03-13 211035

1. Now open the BGL in the Editor using the Load in Editor button.

@ASBNicolas, is it possible for this “View only current package” checkbox to be checked by default in the future SDK perhaps?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.