How do people deal with duplicate gate numbers in different numbered terminals?

I’m editing an airport in the World Hub right now, and it has a terminal 1 with gates 1 through 16 and a terminal 2 with gates 1 through 17. Of course, if I try to model it that way, the SDK yells at me because I have duplicate gate numbers.

If the airports had terminals A and B this would be easy because then I could simply give a “GATE_A” and a “GATE_B” designation. But this is not the case, here: the terminals are numeric.

Other than assigning a fake “GATE_A” and “GATE_B” designation, or simply foregoing realistic gate numbers, there does not appear to be a way around this. How do people deal with this?

The way I’ve dealt with it is selecting the area where each parking is located (North, Northeast, East, etc)

1 Like

No way out! Airports should not use numeric terminal id’s :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer. If I do that, would they still show up as gates on the World Map?

(I can test later. No need to answer if you would need to research it. But thought I’d ask.)

Heh, feel free to tell that to JFK, LAX, Chicago, London, Manila, Sydney, Rome, Seoul, Narita…

1 Like

Yes they show up as NW PARKING 1-3, S PARKING 1-5, etc.

And I think the list is sorted by area then number.

IIRC parking without an area designation is sorted at the end of the list, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for the answer! I will look into it when I get into a position to test my airport.

Agreed, I do the same (north, south, southwest, etc)