Recent update rolled back World Hub airports

Regarding: World Hub Airport

Frequency: Consistently

Bug description:
At some point after the airac update the world hub airports in the Dominican Republic got rolled back to WU16 state. Initially, I thought it had to do with an SU15 beta update but I just tested it with the current live build of the sim and the issue persists. So far I’ve identified the rollback with MDST, MDJB, and MDLR from the original AIRAC update.

Update: more users are reporting the same issue in other parts of the world

Repro steps:
Open the sim and check the world map for airport layouts not matching current World Hub published versions

Hi

Thank you for the feedback
I will have a look

Cheers

2 Likes

I contributed to two airports for the first World Hub update:
EDCD (Germany) has been rolled back,
same for WADB (Indonesia).

@Davidabelr1RD Maybe change the subject of the thread to “Recent update rolled back world hub airports everywhere”? :smiley:

now that we have confirmation of more airports worldwide I will

1 Like

I had several submissions change status to “PUBLISHED,” which I think means they should be in the sim, but none are showing my changes, so count my voice in the fray.

I don’t think so. “Published” airports will not show up in the sim immediately. It does take an update to make them available, so the airports that got marked as “published” a couple of days ago will probably be pushed to the users with the next NavBlue update (cycle 2403), which is due this week, I think.

This thread is about the airports from “the first batch” that were published and pushed with the navdata cycle 2402 about three weeks ago. The updated airports were in the sim for a while, but now they’re back to their old state again.

What’s confusing: according to the News & Announcements section of the forum, non-SU15-beta users did not receive an update that could’ve rolled back the changes. The only update since 2402 was a “small server-side update”. Weird, huh?

I can confirm this: the one airport I made ( LIAP ), was available in the previous Beta, now it’s not.

On the other forum, an Xbox user checked for me and reports that he still sees the updated World Hub version of EDCD.

edit: another Xbox user reports they see the old EDCD, and they’re on SU15. I kinda hope it’s related to SU15 and will be fixed with its release.

I can confirm that my updated EDDP in MSFS on the PC (no beta participation!) is rolled back.
Another odd thing is, that many of my recent editions are listed as “published” while there was no official announcement of a second batch. They should read “approved” instead.

Hi guys,

After verification, there were no direct changes to the airports in the first WorldHub batch (updated with ARINC cycle 2402).

The current beta version of SU15 did not have this update, so it’s normal that the changes are not in game.

We plan to update the game with a second batch of airports with Sim Update 15.

Regarding the “Published” status on the WorldHub, this just means that we’ve frozen the batch and that it’s integrated into our working environment. There will be a communication to announce their availability in game.

2 Likes

A second batch of WorldHub airports was received yesterday, but when I tried some of the airports in the first batch I found they have not been updated yet. Will that occur with the public release of SU15?

Some people might see the list of first batch airports and not realize there was a problem that caused a rollback. They might figure the WorldHub really is not making things any better.

It’s pretty weird, normally everything would be fine by now. I’ll go back and see what’s wrong.

1 Like

Hi guys,

For some reasons, we had to revert the second batch

We’ll keep you posted on their next integration.

Sorry for the inconvenient

1 Like

It seems even the 1st batch has been reverted.

The only airport I submitted (LIAP), is listed as “Published” in my Profile, it appeared when the 1st batch was released, then it disappeared in a subsequent beta, and is currently still missing in the sim.

Well, I guess this really is an Alpha, so we should anticipate that there might be problems. Hopefully they will be resolved soon. At least, things on the creation end of the process seem to be working smoothly.

1 Like

Now here’s something interesting, I just logged in to check on my airports, and the second batch ones are updated while the batch 1’s are still in pre beta state