Shadow Camera Links to Camera View 6 each time?

Hey all,

I have had this odd ‘rogue Interior Camera Viewpoint’ thing happening with all of my planes, and I finally figured out what it is that is causing it, but I cannot figure out a work around.

I have my interior camera views all set up, except that Camera 6 always goes to a core point in my fuselage, facing forward, down on the floor. Very odd. It overrides the one I put in. A few days ago, I discovered by jumping to camera views with Developer Camera on, that the view is the Shadow Quality or something view point, a Camera point in the Camera settings.

I tried many tricks with my other plane and somehow I was able to at least move it up the rung of Camera points, to something like 8 or 9. But I cannot seem to get rid of this odd thing being in my interior Camera views.

How do you guys do it? Why is it showing up in my Interior Camera views? So odd…

Many thanks in advance.

Bill
LHC

Must be the camera type, etc. open a default plane camera.cfg, find the shadow camera and copy it all except for the position (so you leave yours where it is) , replace yours and compile.

See if that helps you.

R.

1 Like

Brilliant idea. I’ll do that and see how it goes.

Thanks Raul.

Bill
LHC

Ok, progress report on this…

I opened the Cessna 172 G1000 and found it didnt have the Shadow Camera entry. none… So I copied mine as a backup and deleted it from the Cameras list, so that doesnt show up.

I then went through my camera views and found that the right view of the door was putting me in Orbit, out in space, lol… Hyper Jump function hidden in there somewhere. So after several tries of trying to fix it, I deleted it. So now my plane no longer has the ability to do space travel, but the views are working.

Thanks @SimbolFSReborn for the direction.

Note, I also found in my setting up of camera views, that I forgot to enter the categories properly. With Virtual Cockpit views, they should be;

Category =Cockpit
SubCategory =Instrument
SubCategoryItem =None

and also, back towards the top of the Camera code block, this;
Origin =“Virtual Cockpit”

Bill
LHC