SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObject update rate

Hello Asobo,
We have some issue with simconnect. I develop panel with wasm. In my code, I use SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObject with SIMCONNECT_PERIOD_SIM_FRAME, it works fine at my PC. But when we release wasm to our test team, we get bug report. After some research, I find the problem is at SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObject. If I set 100% AI offline traffic, all works fine. But if I set to real-time traffic, then at some special area, the simconnect update rate will drop to 1hz, just like I set SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObject with SIMCONNECT_PERIOD_SECOND. We have try reinstall MSFS, but still the same. The update rate will drop to 1hz ONLY at some special area, with real-time traffic setting. The update rate will back to normal when leave that area. I’m not sure if I miss something, have no luck in the sdk.

1 Like

Likely related to RequestDataOnSimObject with SIM_FRAME sometimes stops working. You can try VISUAL_FRAME instead of SIM_FRAME.

1 Like

Yes, it is same issue as that post. It works fine now with SIMCONNECT_PERIOD_VISUAL_FRAME. Thanks!

2 Likes