[suggestion] Add ExclusionRectangle

Exclusionrectangles normally wouldn’t be needed in a base scenery. Except sometimes there are things like rogue vegetation polygons in fs-base on the airport area which can’t be removed with a normal polygon.

Hi @WombiiActual

Could you tell me which airport you’ve seen this problem on?
It’s usually possible to remove existing vegetation using polygons.
I’ll look into it.

Cheers

Thank you. This is ENZV, Stavanger airport. I haven’t seen anywhere else with this specific issue. They are specifically added vegetation polygons in fs-base. It’s possible they were added in world update 5, nordics, maybe related to the Stavanger stadium POI a few minutes away? Normal vegetation polygons can not remove them.

The location is here on the east side:

Indeed there are vegetation polygons but not in the airport scenery and indeed the priority on polygons means you can’t exclude them.

It’s more an issue on our side, these polygons in particular should not exist outside this airport. I will delete them in a next game version.

About the priority on polygons, I have to discuss with the dev team. And in fact the exclusion rectangles aren’t necessary because you’re making modifications to the game base.

Cheers
Nicolas

1 Like

Thank you for checking that! Much appreciated.

I was able to add a polygon and hide detected generated buildings (hoping that I could then add scenery to this!) and noticed that while buildings hide, generated wind socks and towers do not.

I was able to add the new windsocks in the correct locations, but the others remain for now.

Most likely, those windsocks you’re seeing are just windsocks the scenery editor is forgetting to hide from the base scenery that is getting replaced. They probably won’t be there when your airport project is sent in. Unfortunately we just can’t test the airport properly to make 100% sure.

Hi guys

Before load the scenery file, I suggest to tick this option in the Scenery Editor view :

(be sure to tick it before load the scenery otherwise it won’t work)

That will display only your edition and not the mix between it and the current in game version.
And don’t hesitate to display the “Hide/Lock by Type” menu to hide the “debug” of the objects (not sure if I’m clear sorry)

1 Like

That fixes the issue with seeing too many windsocks. Thank you!

2 Likes

Fixes it for me too. I was ticking the checkbox after I loaded the BGL in the Editor. It should be done before. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: