Teams desktop app not working since September

I’ve been unable to log into my marketplace teams account via the desktop app since September. It’s increasingly frustrating trying to conduct all business from my mobile device. I’ve emailed msfsmp@microsoft.com multiple times without response and have told the content management team about the issue several times as well with no progress. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue?

It’s properly a cache issue with Microsoft Teams. Which needs to be flushed.

Clear Teams cache - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

1 Like

I’ve tried on multiple computers. I recently formatted my computer too due to a motherboard swap-out. That rules out a cache-related issue. But yes, that link was the first thing I tried.

Are you using a security key (TPM device) for sign in?

Have you recently been blocked from certain services within Microsoft Teams?

Does other Microsoft Flight Simulator Partner services work as intended?

Have you tried phoning Microsoft Teams up for business support?

Have you tried creating a Microsoft 365 Business Standard account from Office.com for testing if Microsoft Teams Business works correctly on your device?

Are you using a security key (TPM device) for sign in?
I am not, and my mobile device signs in just fine.

Have you recently been blocked from certain services within Microsoft Teams?
I have not.

Does other Microsoft Flight Simulator Partner services work as intended?
Yes it does.

Have you tried phoning Microsoft Teams up for business support?
I have and they said it’s an issue specifically with the MSFSMP server.

Have you tried creating a Microsoft 365 Business Standard account from Office.com for testing if Microsoft Teams Business works correctly on your device?
I have several different teams accounts with other organizations and they all work fine.

Are you able to use Microsoft Teams on other mobile devices? Is it only one device?

The MSFS Team might have limited access to how many devices can access the Microsoft Teams account at any given time.

Do you use a VPN on your mobile device? That may cause automatic security blocks to protect the user account.

It’s only on the one device. I was able to use PC and my mobile device for over a year without issue. Other devs were having the same problem back in Oct, but everyone else seemed to get corrected while mine persisted.

The next course of action is to contact Jayne or Seedy the Community Managers on the MSFS Forum.

Just sent a message to Seedy. Thank you for the help.

For anyone that might see this, the issue is known and ongoing. It is with Teams and not the specific MSFS Teams. There is nothing the MSFS team can do to correct and we have to wait on the Teams devs to get it sorted.

2 Likes