Terrain elevation mesh - A cheat for a much more detailed and accurate mesh

Hi, I noticed the simulator has hidden a much more detailed terrain elevation mesh data over the airfields. Would be awesome if we could select this level of detail while piloting too, don’t? At this moment, taxing, landing… over those flat pans is very uninmersive.

This is the elevation mesh at this moment when you are flying in the sim over the LEOT airfield:

And this is when you open the scenery editor and I load an object, automatically the mesh resolution increases exponentially:

This is the real elevation xD

My question is, is there anyway to have this level of detail while piloting?

In the other forums, @karuchie knows it is caused by the Terraforming Falloff Distance. When I open the scenery editor and load the asset group, the Falloff Distance feature is disabled. Terrain elevation mesh - A cheat for a much more detailed and accurate mesh - #13 by karuchie - Scenery & Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I think would be nice if users could use that level of detail while piloting. For example, if we often pilote over an area without glitched elevation airfields, there is no reason to have this feature enabled (Falloff Distance), and should be an option in graphical settings to disable it and so, increase the mesh resolution, it’s much more realistic and inmersive.

More examples, I think this should be taken in consideration the difference is abysmal, it has no sense to show a flat pan if the simulator has stored a much more accurate relief mesh data for airfields, and those airfields hasn’t elevation glitches.

The real one:

Now:

Should be:

We obviously prefer the detailed mesh, the inmersion sensation increases exponentially, don’t know what is the purpose to flat the relief in the airfields of the entire world because some of them are glitched.

Regards.

Most of the base airports have in their Airport object the Apply Flatten command
when this is disabled, the underneath digital elevation model is show in all its glory (and faults). So the idea of making all Airport with this option is a very good one, imho, otherwise most airports will be unflyable (dependin on the quality of the mesh)
Flattens could have been added to the Runway too

Making a proper playable terrain require lots of effort with terraforming rectangles and such (especially now because they are more sharp)…so yeah, better a terraforming with a large falloff when you have to deal with sevaral thousand airports!

That’s true, if Falloff Distance exist now I know the reason. I’m only saying that users should be able to decide to activate it or not. I fly around SE Spain and I have been trying this metod to discover the real elevation mesh. I found no elevation glitches and the visual result is infinitely better.

In my case, and I’m sure much more other users, we should be able to disable Falloff Distance easily with a generic option.

Or am I wrong and yes we can disable it? I mean, without edit manually every airfield and create an SDK proyect xD

If isn’t possible disable the Falloff Distance feature, which is the easiest way to set Falloff Distance=1 for the entire airfield?

Another good example:

This is the real one LECS:

VuelaDesigns released it here LECS - Aerodromo forestal Castell de Castells for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

We are missing a really good feature for the small airfields.