Why don't turbine engines shut down with empty tanks?

I am using the turbine Helo engine and a simple two tank - Fuel System, with a pump and a valve.

When the tanks are zero, the engine keeps running, there is fuel pressure in the lines the the Avar Fuel is available is true. Turb Eng Fuel flow is always zero, Fuel system engine pressure is > 0. Engine runs for hours on what’s left in the fuel lines???

I also get results in the search box - Your question is like 4 others from 2022!!

The SDK makes a point of saying Use the new Fuel System , yet it’s been broken for 2 years!

Is this another backwards compatibility issue?

I quickly checked our aircraft and the default Bell 407 on 1.37.9.0. They do run to fuel exhaustion and engines shutdown as expected. If the default Bell doesn’t shut down for you then maybe the “unlimited fuel” setting got turned on somehow (under pilot assists I think).

I guess you might be intentionally using the old fuel system? Bugs aside the new fuel system has the basic functions all working for us, I never attempted to try the legacy stuff.

I don’t have unlimited fuel, my simvarwatcher values are working as expected. I just don’t understand why it will not shut down with just empty tanks. Do I need to set other thing in the Fuel System? monitor the tanks and set the pump off and values closed??

They promised a Fuel Debug two years ago.

I am actually using AE - so I hope it puts back any missing cfg variables, like it did with fuel_flow_gain

Ok defiantly some differences in the Bell 407 and my helo.

I am at a loss to figure out why things are not working as expected. Even the 407 does not shut down with zero fuel. Assistant options are all set to hard, unlimited fuel is off

It says fuel is available - how can that be if there is zero fuel in the tanks?