Some developer added objects to default airport. How?

Hi,

i checked some airports from the last update for MSFS witch was updated vie world hub. I found one where the developer added objects like building and hedges and so on.
As far as i understood, this should not be possible because of the way the world hub editor works and is not wanted. Props to the developer who find a way around!

Why is it approved when we should not do this? And when okay, how can we do it?

1 Like

What airport did you see this?

1 Like

Do you by chance have an addon installed for this airport? I can’t imagine that anyone was able to change the way the WorldHup editor works. So, no objetcs can be added.

You can download the airport from the world hub and have a look. there you find scenery elements in the file.

No Addon installed.

You can very easily change the XML files and add default objects. Not sure if the submit function will allow it, but you can certainly add it manually.

I had the same problem with a terraforming swuare. I copy-pasted it from my normal add-on project to the world hub. But the Submit function said it was an invalid file.

Did some airfields some time ago in the full editor. Just copied the xml code into the world hub data. But you must be sure that it is from the stock data. Tested the limit and it wasn’t rejected. :innocent:

I left out terraforming and rectangle elements. Wasn’t sure if this would be allowed.

I tried Rectangles (specifically to exclude a beacon), it was rejected immediately after upload as “Malformed XML” (I validated the XML: syntactically, it was fine).

1 Like

Hello,

in fact, normally it’s not allowed to add scenery objects, as the WorldHub refuses uploads in this case.
I didn’t see any response giving the identifier/name of the airport that would be impacted and I’m quite curious to see what happened.

1 Like

I can help you Nicolas. EDGA, EDFY, EDKI, EDGB, EDRW.

All scenery elements are out of the default asobo library that comes with the simulator. The XML Code is just copy pasted from my older projects. There are no external objects added. A simple manipulation of the system.

May you should take care of this in the review process. I have the list in the SDK menue sorted with groups and it’s very clear that there are scenery objects placed.

Thank you for the feedback, it seems the protection isn’t perfect :blush:
We will have a look

1 Like